Wednesday, January 14, 2009

9 Months In, 9 Months Out

Disclaimer: Blogger is giving me a hell of a hard time. It won't let me choose the order of my pix and is getting all screwy with my layout, and I'm too worn out to futz around and figure it out. So please consider the following photo essay "avant-garde" in its lack of chronology. Thank you.


Bath time is always a hit!

Naked Play Time

Meal time was meh today...

All bundled up for our walk!

"Mommy -- why do you make me crawl?"

" I think I can, I think I can!"

Playing with her rings

Before the crankiness...

Stella Rae is 9 months old today! The Brooklyn Baby Daddy and I were talking about this the other day, and he said he thought this should be a major celebration because now Stella has been developing OUTSIDE of the womb as long as she developed INSIDE. (Give or take a few weeks for those of you who are all technical and such).
It's funny how 9 months of pregnancy seemed endless, but 9 months of having a real-life baby that I can hold in my arms has simply flown!
So, for your viewing pleasure, I have presented a mini-photo essay of our day today. You'll see meals, play, bath, walks, and the like. What you won't see are morning activities (because I forgot to take pictures), me rushing to clean because her naps have been really short lately, me scarfing down food for the same reason, me working out on the wii fit for the first time (may you never see pictures of that, for your own sake), and me having a minor breakdown after Stella got super cranky from her defunct naps and teething and threw fit after fit.
(On the topic of teething, how is it a baby can begin the teething process at 4 months but still not have any teeth at 9 months of age? Can I sue the Tooth Fairy for false advertising?)

3 comments:

Tiffanie said...

happy birthday, Stella!!
i love the photo of her saying, "mommy, why do you make me crawl?" and, of course, bathtime.

CurlyHairedMom said...

So cute! Happy Birthday Stella!

The Zellers said...

I have read your husbands blog many times and just started reading yours! I find them both entertaining. My son is 2 and I too have/and had the endless teether....we are patiently waiting for our 2 yr molars for 4 months now!!